Exploratory trip to Cuenca

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Exploratory trip to Cuenca

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

My husband and I were thinking of coming to Cuenca the last two weeks of this coming May for the exploratory purpose of relocating there.
    1. How is this timeframe for getting a good overall feeling for Cuenca? (weatherwise etc.)
    2. Are there some people you can suggest to contact once we’re there?

The weather here doesn’t vary significantly throughout the year. You should be fine in May. For sure contact me when you get here. Go to some Gringo Nights to meet lots of new expats.

Edd, where and when are “Gringo Nights” in Cuenca?

Tuesday–Di Bacco. Friday–take your choice: California Kitchen, Fabiano’s, Cafe San Sebas. Lots of gringos at Inca Bar & Lounge on Sunday’s as well.

Thanks for the all the info EDD, it’s greatly appreciated and we shall get in touch once we have everything confirmed.

I negleted to thank Suzan for asking the Gringo night question, so thanks for the help!

As for a contact in Cuenca, I’d recommend Victor Ojeda.  He’s listed in the recommendations on Gringo Tree website.  He speaks English, will pick you up at the airport, then drives you around, and is an all around good guy.  His email is  victorh0613@yahoo.com,  tell him Bobby in Texas gave you his name.

Thanks for the contact info, Bobby.  It’s appreciated.

Hi Bobby! When are you coming back??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.