Exploratory Trip to Ecuador – October, 2012

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Exploratory Trip to Ecuador – October, 2012

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BRADLEY WILCOSH
    Participant

We have scheduled a trip to Ecuador for 2 weeks in late October and want to focus on the Cuenca area initially. What is the best way to hook up with expats in the area to learn more about “first-hand” experiences with Cuenca? We also have a unique situation where we have accumulated/rescued six dogs of various sizes and wonder about the availability of house rentals (and any other concerns) with this number of pets. I have traveled with this furry crowd before, but wondered if this might be a show-stopper in a move to Ecuador. We would appreciate any feedback from those who have brought pets with them in their move to Cuenca.

Hola, Bradley. Below is some info on where and when to hook up with expats here in Cuenca. This was taken from GringoTree, an online news and information site that you should probably subscribe to. The address is gringotree@cuencakighlife.com.

Gringo Nights in Cuenca

Tuesday, 5 – 8 p.m., DiBacco´s Italian Restaurant and Bar, 9 – 61 Calle Tarqui at Bolivar

Thursday, 5 – 8 p.m., DiBacco´s Italian Restaurant and Bar (Gringo Newcomers Night), 9 – 61 Calle Tarqui at Bolivar

Friday, 5 – 7 p.m., California Kitchen, Luis Cordero 5-65 and Calle Larga

Friday, 5 till closing, Fabiano’s Pizzaria, Calle Presidente Cordova 4-84 at Cueva

Friday, 5:30 – 8 p.m., Zoe Restaurant, Calle Borrero 7-61 at Sucre

Other gringo meet-up locations are: Café Eucalyptus, Calle Gran Colombia 9 -41 and Benigno Malo; Inca Lounge and Bistro, on the Barranco just east of Calle Benigno Malo; and Akelarre Bar, General Torres 8-40 and Bolivar.

We don’t own pets, but many expats do (although I don’t any who own six!). I’m sure you’re aware your situation will limit the availability of rentals, and an additional security deposit will probably be required. But I think you would be able to find something suitable. Perhaps you will meet other pet owners at one of the gringo hangouts, and you can certainly post a request for assistance and advice in GringoTree.

Sorry. I just realized there’s a typo in my previous post. The address for GringoTree is gringotree@cuencahighlife.com.

BRADLEY WILCOSH
    Participant

Thanks for the information – it will be very helpful to get to talk with fellow gringos and get a real feel for living in the region. Gracias!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

You’ll like Cuenca. Enjoy your trip!

RAYMOND SCHWARTEN
    Participant

We are also going to be in Cuenca from Oct 22 to 26on a exploratory trip. Might be interesting to meet up and compare notes. I can be contacted at ray.schwarten@gmail.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.