FBI check and background check for Residency VISA

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum FBI check and background check for Residency VISA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SHAUN LJUNGGREN
    Participant

I am gathering paperwork for my residency Visa application. I am a US citizen. I have a few questions regarding background checks and FBI checks.

1. When choosing my state background check I have the option of a background check with fingerprints or without. Am I required to get the background check with fingerprinting?

2. I can not figure out where/how to get an FBI background check. The link on the FBI website is not working. Also, I have heard different responses about needing the FBI check. Will state background checks work, or do I also need an FBI background check?

Thank you!

1. Get whichever background check from your state and have it apostilled in that state.
    2. Yes, you need an FBI check as well. Here’s the link: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks. Have it apostilled in Washington, D.C.

Are you trying to do this without a lawyer or facilitator? We recommend spending the money to get competent assistance.

Michael Caldwell
    Participant

My wife and I are working on the process to move to Ecuador. We are learning a lot with your help but I have a challenge that I hope there is a solution to. I am a disabled army veteran and 40 odd years ago I had issues with law enforcement and was convicted of a felony (1974) It never affected my military career and I would like to know how to find out if it will affect moving to Ecuador. The offence was non-violent (theft) and I received 18 months probation. Thank you for any help you can give. BTW the information provided by international living is excellent. I attended the 3 day seminar in Las-Vegas last fall and really enjoyed it.

I don’t think your offense from 42 years ago will have any bearing on obtaining residency. The attorney or facilitator helping you with your visa can verify this.

Michael Caldwell
    Participant

Thank you for relying.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

HI Michael, contact attorney Alvaro Coronel at acoronel@morenodidonato.com and/or attorney Santiago Andrade at santiago1397@gmail.com and ask them about this. I know someone who has a similar issue but has had no problems getting residence in Ecuador. Often, it helps to ask several different visa facilitators or attorneys — one of them will have a solution for you.

SHAUN LJUNGGREN
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.