Feedback on PuntoNet fiber optic Internet service?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Feedback on PuntoNet fiber optic Internet service?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Natalie Dejarlais
    Participant

Several of us who share Internet service in a single building in Cuenca are researching Internet options. We currently have one of the slower, cheaper ETAPA plans. We keep hearing about the blazing fast PuntoNet fiber, but have also heard that their customer service is poor. Does anyone have on-the-ground experience with PuntoNet or other ISPs that you are willing to share? Thank you.

Natalie Dejarlais
    Participant

I’m replying to my own post to keep it alive in the forum. Can anyone share their ISP experience in Cuenca?

I use Puntonet and have found them to be very responsive. A friend has their fiber optic plan and is so satisfied that I plan to explore upgrading when I return to EC in January. The service isn’t offered everywhere in Cuenca yet, but they can tell you if your barrio is ready now.

Natalie Dejarlais
    Participant

Thanks, Edd. It turns out they can only do some antenna setup in our building, so it looks like we’ll have to continue with Etapa since the alternatives are pretty sketchy. I appreciate your response.

Natalie, I just had fiber optic service installed yesterday and it rocks! And their service was great too-called to ask if they could come a day early and two technicians showed up right on time. Representatives at Puntonet speak English–call and ask for an update on when the service will be available in your area.

Natalie Dejarlais
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Edd. I’m glad it’s working so well for you! We found out that it’s not yet available for us — sigh. We’ll be sticking with Etapa for now.

SHAUN LJUNGGREN
    Participant

Hi Edd. I read somewhere that Puntonet limits you to 3 devices. I can’t find an answe on their website. Do you have any experience on this? Thanks.

Shaun, I have no idea. My wife and I each have a computer and a “dumb phone,” so the thought of having more than 3 devices isn’t part of our reality.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.