Fishing in From beach in Tamarindo

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Fishing in From beach in Tamarindo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SUE K.
    Participant

We will be in Tamarindo for 3 months from December until February. My husband wants to fish from the beach what kind of fish can he expect to catch and what kind of equipment rods etc should be bring. Also any other tips on living in Tamarindo would be welcome.

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi,

Great question. I’m not much of a fisherman so I don’t really know the specifics. When I lived in Tamarindo there were occasional surf fisherman. But a lot more people head out on charters.

Let me refer you to one of those charter captains who might be able to shed some light on fishing from shore in Tamarindo.

http://www.kingpin-sportfishing.com

As far as other tips for living in Tamarindo. Well, there’s a lot but here are a few tips.

Speaking of fishing – keep an eye out for the “fish truck” it’s a pick up with a big cooler in the back. He’s delivering to local restaurants. But you can walk up and buy tuna, snapper, maui, etc. really cheap. About $6 a pound.

The farmer’s market on Saturday is a great place to shop and meet people.

Don’t miss sunset at the beach – El Vaquero Bar and Restaurant is a good place.

Do your grocery shopping outside of Tamarindo itself – go to the grocery stores like MegaSuper and SuperCompro that are inland a bit in Villarreal and Huacas. The stores in town mark up prices 10-20%. Easy if you have a car. If not, take a taxi – they’ll wait for you outside for a small fee.

Speaking of taxis, always negotiate the fare before you get in. The taxis in Tamarindo don’t have meters.

Go to Sharky’s for sports games – they have NFL, baseball, hockey, basketball on the big screen.

If you’re paying the electric bill where you’re staying watch your AC use. Turn it off when you leave and if you have room units, turn it off in rooms you’re not in. Otherwise your electric bill will be sky-high.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.