Galapagos Islands Tour recommendation

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Galapagos Islands Tour recommendation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bobeczko
    Participant

We are visiting Ecuador in January 2017 and wanted to take a side tour to the Galapagos Islands. Can you recommend any specific tours and or tour companies. We want to visit as many islands as possible for walking and snorkeling tours via boat. A 10 day tour would be great. Is it better to book in the USA or book in Ecuador? Do you know anything about the National Geographic tours?

Is air transportation a challenge from Quito to Guayaquil?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Michael, this is a conundrum as there are so MANY tour operators to the Galapagos, with prices all over the board. I started the research on this a while back, using TripAdvisor, but I was ultimately overwhelmed with all the variants that go into the decision-making.

As for boats, they run from basic to ultimate luxury, so you’ll need to have a good idea what kind of experience you’re after. I’ve heard the National Geographic tours are good — I think they’re luxury boats, but I don’t have any firsthand input for you.

You might try emailing Julieta Munoz and see what she can offer you: julieta@nuevomundoexpeditions.com

I’m uncertain about your last question, whether you are asking if it is challenging to get from Quito to Guayaquil or from one of those cities to the Galapagos. But in either case, you should not have any difficulties. Some Galapagos packages will include airfare from mainland Ecuador so you might want to keep that in mind.

Without question I can recommend Metropolitan Touring for the Galapagos. My wife and I had a fabulous experience with them this spring on a western itinerary expedition. This is a luxury category provider, and with a bucket list destination like this I advise you to stretch your budget. Accommodations, meals, and most importantly, the tour guides are on the highest level.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.