Getting the Basics for Residence

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Getting the Basics for Residence

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My husband and I are ready to move to Eucador probably in Jan or Feb 2015. Here’s question #1: We are a same-sex couple, legally married in the USA. Can we apply for visas as a couple, or do we have to apply separately. (We would be applying for a Pensioner visa.) Thanks!

Hi Brian,

I was told that a same-sex couple recently obtained their residency visas with one partner as a dependant by presenting their U.S. marriage certificate here in Ecuador, so I think it is doable. However, this information is second-hand and I don’t know the couple personally so I can’t verify the story.

But, I would suggest contacting a lawyer here to get the most up to date visa regulations and requirements. On the home page of the Ecuador Insider you’ll find the Rolodex section on the bottom right of the page. In there is a nice list of lawyers in Ecuador and all of their contact info. One of them should be able to give you a definite answer on this.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

You might also check in with Maite Duran in Cuenca who seems to be helping a lot of people there: http://www.gringovisas.com
    And/or pose your question to Dana Cameron, a gringa visa facilitator in Guayaquil: agua-plata@hotmail.com. I could be wrong but I think she has helped gay couples do this very thing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.