Golf cart rental rates

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Golf cart rental rates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PIERRE BERNIER
    Participant

Good morning, I will be visiting San Pedro from October 31st to November 10th and I would like to know how much I should expect to pay to rent a golf cart. I would be interested in daily or weekly rentals. Also, could you advise me concerning theft risks and gas availability. Thank you for your help.

Pierre Bernier

Pierre,

Golf cart rates vary by which company you rent from, and how long you rent for. There are over 50 golf cart rental companies on Ambergris Caye now. Many list their prices on line. On Google, if you type in “Ambergris Caye Golf Cart Rental Rates” a list of companies will pop up. I checked the first one that came up, Monchos’s, as they’ve been around a while. They charge $66/day for a 4 seater golf cart.

Cholo’s is another well known golf cart rental company that popped up during my search. They had their rate schedule posted on line, which made it easier to check out a variety of options. They will allow you to rent by the hour, or by the days. They charge $15/first your, up to $45/8 hours. Most visitors only need a golf cart for a day, to explore the island. Cholo’s charges $60/24 hours, but the rate per day drops as you commit to more days. For 5 days you would pay $220, which is $44/day.

Most of our friends who visit rent a golf cart for a day or two. Other times they take taxis, or ride bikes, and walk, as needed the rest of the time. But if you plan to stay far north, or south of town, you will need a golf cart the entire time you visit in order to be able to get back and forth to town.

PIERRE BERNIER
    Participant

Thank you for the info. We will be staying at the Royal Caribbean south of town so we’ll probably opt for a combination of taxis and golf carts or scooters. It would be nice to run into you ( figuratively) during our stay! Bye for now.

Pierre

Pierre,

If you are on the island on a Friday, my husband and I usually go to Wine de Vine for the wine tasting on Friday evening, between 6 to 8 PM. I often meet IL members there. It’s a nice spot to meet other expats who live on the island.

PIERRE BERNIER
    Participant

Ann,

Thanks again. We’ll try to make it on November 4th.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.