golf carts for transportation

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum golf carts for transportation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Jason,
    We’re making our first trip to CR this Nov. / Dec. to begin our process of seeing for sure if CR is where we will retire. I have some physical limitations with walking for more than 15 minutes. In some of the Caribbean locations that we’ve vacationed one of the options for getting around shorter distances was a golf cart, some places you can rent scooters (moped). I’m wondering if it’s possible to rent either in CR or if residents own either to get around.
    Thanks, Linda

Hi Linda,

Great question. In some locations on the Pacific and Caribbean beaches golf carts are actually quite common for getting around town or even between towns in some cases. Often they are more “off road” type carts because in some areas you’ll find dirt roads instead of paved. Scooters for rent or to buy are also available throughout the country.

Hi Jason,
    Do you know where we could rent a golf cart or off road type cart in both Tamarindo and in Atenas? Or what about scooters?
    Also, my husband like to shoot clays and skeet shoot, are there places to do this, again in Tamarindo or in or near Atenas?
    Thank you.

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Linda,

Atenas doesn’t have any cart or scooter rentals. It’s a very normal Tico town.

Tamarindo gets tourists so there are golf cart rentals – I think the Best Western Vista Villas has an agency on site: http://www.tamarindovistavillas.com/Tours-and-Activities/action-tours.html. For scooter rentals there are several places along the beach road that offer them.

As far as skeet shooting, I don’t of any places in particular, although there are some shooting ranges in and around San Jose, the capital. I did some looking around online and couldn’t find any skeet places.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.