Golf in Ecuador?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Golf in Ecuador?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

My wife and I are nearing retirement and Ecuador tops our “investigative” list. We are planning our first trip there in the next 12 months. One of things things that seems to be missing from my “list of wants” that I can’t seem to answer yet is the availability of golf courses. We are interested in the Cuenca area but I can’t seem to find anything beyond a nine hole course. I am not looking for “Pebble Beach” but would like to find an area where I might have some choices from time to time. It appears that most of the courses are private membership that can be expensive. Can anyone shed some first hand light on this subject.
    Chuck

Hi Chuck, there aren’t a lot of golf courses in Ecuador. But there are a couple of good courses in Quito and Guayaquil. I believe there is also a golf course in Manta. Edd will have to answer about golf in Cuenca — this is the only course I could find there: http://www.ctgc.org/

Chuck, unfortunately you have found the answer. There’s one private nine hole course here. I think it’s $8K to join and $120/month. If golf’s your thing look somewhere besides Cuenca.

Can any one shed some up to date info on the new course going in new Manta as well as membership info at LaCosta near Guayaquil?

Neither Suzan nor I live on the coast or play golf. Whatever you see on the Internet is the same info we have access to. Perhaps she knows something further.

No, I don’t know anything more. I’ll be in Manta in early September and will check on it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.