Grocery prices

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Grocery prices

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DONA DEES

Could someone please let me know what the prices for these grocery items are in Cottacci
    1 kg chicken breasts(boneless skinless)
    1 bottle water (1.5ltr)
    1 later milk
    1 kg local cheese
    Domestic beer (.5 ltr)
    Imported beer (.33ltr)

Trying to do some comparisons for our research. Thanks so much. With any luck we will be there soon.

Well I don’t buy all of these things in those exact sizes, but I’ll do my best to answer.

Chicken: I buy whole chickens from my local market which run $5-8 depending on the size. Maybe someone else can weigh in on the boneless/skinless.

Water: .5 liter is 30 cents.

Milk: 900 ml is 75 cents

Local Cheese: ? I don’t particularly like the taste of queso fresco so I don’t buy it.

Domestic Beer: .5 liter is 80 cents from most stores, $1.75 to $2.00 in restaurants.

Imported Beer: I honestly have no clue since I don’t drink beer much and I’ve never bothered with the more expensive imports.

I hope this helps some, and hopefully someone else will be able to fill in the gaps that I left.

Budweiser is around $1 a bottle. Stella Artois is $14.25 for a 6 pack. I don’t eat local cheese either.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

There is some cheese sold here in Cotacachi at a store called Prana. Some is made by a Swiss cheese maker who lives nearby and other is imported from around Cuenca I think. There are many different varieties and I buy them all the time because they are flavorful and very tasty… no like most of the queso fresco or bland cheese sold in grocery stores here. I don’t know how much I pay because I am usually buying other items at the same time. But I’d guess $4 to $5 for a chunk the size of half a baseball.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.