Guayquil to Cuenca

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Guayquil to Cuenca

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

In July We are thinking of private car to make this trip vs plane. We are wanting to see the country side and wondering if this is a good plan. thanks!

Jennifer
    Of course it is a good idea. Last year I did the trip by bus and it cost me peanuts, I saw the countryside and I was relaxed because someone else was doing the driving. In fact over a month I did all of Ecuador this way and will do it again some day.
    I travelled with only a shoulder bag for luggage and simply hopped on a bus and travelled to the next town, strolled into town, booked a reasonable looking hotel and checked out the town, including restaurants, beaches,real estate etc.
    When I had seen enough I got on another bus to another town and did it all again
    Travelling by plane is fine if you want to get from A to B fast but you see only the departure lounge and arrival lounge.
    Eddie Lacinski

Another option is to take a shared van for $12 each. The trip takes 3 hours and the vans leave every hour during the day. Check either Operazuay or Atenas. The offices are right next to the airport.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.