Hairdressers in Cuenca

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Hairdressers in Cuenca

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

We are in Cuenca for a couple weeks getting dental work done. I want to say how delighted I am with my new set of teeth; performed in one week by magician-dentist Dr. Juan Vega. It seems miraculous with only 2 veneers, to have a whole new mouth! As we wait for my husband’s crowns, I am wondering if there are any upscale hairdressers that might speak English here in Cuenca. I can’t find any websites; just some Facebook links and I’m not on that. The few I’ve found have no descriptions or pictures, so that’s why I’m asking for recommendations.

Really loving our time here in Cuenca as we retired to the coast where it is hot and not walkable. We love it there on the beach, but what a great change of pace this historic town provides. Does anybody know what happened to the “Blue Route” tour bus that goes north into the mountains? No one seems to know (just a 40-min. tour; we did the city tour yesterday and it was great). Thanks all!

Donna Stiteler
    Participant

Hi Gretchen. Donna Stiteler here. I’m the Cuenca correspondent for International Living. There are two places that gringas get there hair done on a regular basis here in Cuenca and both speak english. Arturo worked in New York many years.

ARamirez – is on doce de abril 2-11 y Arirumba and his email is: maria.arturo@gmail.com
    Vicky Andrade, Berenice Hair Salon
    Vicky speaks fluent English and the shop uses US and European hair products.
    Address: Paucarbamba 5-16 y Tomillos, Cuenca Ecuador
    Contact information: 098 963 9264

Hope this helps! I’m glad you are enjoying Cuenca, welcome!
    donna

Donna Stiteler
    Participant

I also found this link about transportation to the Cajas. It’s not the blue route specifically but it does present ways to get to the mountains. I have taken a bus and cab to the Cajas and caught the bus back to Cuenca but it can be a bit hard to get a ride back depending on time of day and weather. Hope this helps! Here’s the link: http://www.kellyilenemitchell.com/2017/01/17/how-to-do-cajas-national-park/

Donna

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.