High Speed Internet

Homepage Forums Panama Insider High Speed Internet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have heard that high speed internet is available in Boquete. “High Speed” means different things in different places. (We get 30mb in Houston.) I would like to know the actual download speeds that Expats in Boquete are getting.

Hello Rebecca,
    My understanding is that personal (non-business) plans available in Boquete range from 1mb to 10mb (this is download speed, generally the upload speed is much lower, say 1mb), but you can find a list of the providers here and if interested contact them yourself for detailed info on current packages (or consult their websites to see what the current offers are, they continually upgrade): http://www.hablayapanama.com/info/boquete/internet/ Since Boquete town is one thing and the greater Boquete district is more expansive, when moving to Boquete, if Internet is important to you, you need to choose an area that is wired for one of the major providers or be ok with spending a lot more (perhaps double or triple) to get high speed in a more remote location. Hope this information helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.