Home furnishings needed

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Home furnishings needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

My wife and I just bought a condo in Cotacachi. Although the major furnishings are there, we still need a few pieces of furniture, a TV, DVD player, dishes/glasses, stuff for the walls, blankets and sheets. Where would you recommend we go to find the best deals on these?

GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

Wow, congratulations Gerald, and Ms. Nadeau! How exciting for you. Will you move down there full-time soon, or keep it for vacations? Good for you.

GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

We live in AZ, so in the beginning we will be here for June, July and Aug. to get away from the heat.
    We’ll rent it for the other 9 months. Later on we may move here full time.

Hi Gerald, I am not certain where to go to get the “best deal,” but you can try Giselle’s for electronics. Family owned and nice people willing to extend nice discounts. They are on the same street as Slyvia’s Farmacia San Francisco.

There is a furniture store on the southwest corner of 10 de Agosto (Leather Street) and the street that runs in front of the mercado. Go in there and see what they have. The houseware stores on that corner are places to by plates, plastics, etc.

We bought our blankets (wool and VERY nice) at a specialty store in Otavalo that is no longer there. You’ll find good-quality sheets at Todo Hogar in Ibarra (in the same complex as SuperMaxi) and you may find some other things you need at Kywi hardware store (smaller Home Depot) in that same complex. You may also want to price TVs and DVD player at Todo Hogar.

GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

Suzan, Thank you for the information. Sounds like Ibarra would be better than Otavalo?
    Do most of these places deliver? We don’t have a vehicle and I’m not sure if we can get the bigger stuff in a taxi.

Most of the stuff you are buying will be small enough to fit in a taxi, right? If not, the store will either deliver or recommend someone who can help you. Or you can hire a small truck from Cotacachi to go pick up your purchases in Ibarra. If you need a driver, email Mauricio Bonilla: gbsmaury@hotmail.com. His father has a small truck and could help you.

GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

Suzan,
    Thank you for the information. We will keep this in mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.