Home Owner's insurance in EC

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Home Owner's insurance in EC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

My wife and I are buying a condo in Cotacachi and want to know if there is insurance available to protect our investment.
    Please let us know if you have any info.

Yes, there is. The condo community we live in in Cotacachi has an excellent blanket plan and each individual owner is free to buy any additional coverage they require. For details of who provides that coverage, you might want to contact Ron, our HOA president: roncapern@gmail.com.

GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

Suzan,
    Thanks for the info.
    I’m not sure what condo complex you are in. Or if this is for coverage for all condos in Cotacachi.
    We are buying in Prima Vera 2.

Gerald, that’s where I live. Whose apartment are you buying? Ask Ron Capern about the blanket policy and then you can decide if you want more.

GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

Hi Suzan,

I had the same question about homeowner’s insurance. I checked the Rolodex, but didn’t find any recommendations. Our area of interest is Canoa, not Cuenca, so do you have any advice? Thank you. The condo developer thinks insurance isn’t needed, but that seems a little scary to me….

GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

Suzan,
    We are buying Drake DeLaney’s apartment. Building 4 unit 4. He moved to Thailand.
    Which one are you in?
    Jerry

HI Jerry, we are in the same building. Gretchen, any insurance company should be able to help you with homeowners insurance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.