Hospital

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

We have just completed our move to Ecuador and our closest larger town is Bahia. Guess we should have picked the Salinas area for a beach retirement, but who can predict Mother Nature? Our condo complex has some damage but it could have been a lot worse. Our HOA president had the foresight to purchase insurance (uncommon here, it seems) so we hope the repair will be covered. In the meantime, we can live with the cracks. A government inspector deemed our building “habitable”.

I had not heard that the hospital in Bahia was destroyed, Jim Santos? None of our neighbors are here at the moment for me to ask. I know you are a long way from here, but do you know what the nearest full-service hospital is to this area? I’d like to be prepared just in case.

It was sad to see half the buildings gone or partially destroyed in the little town of Canoa just down the road from us. I think not using rebar in the concrete blocks makes the buildings much more vulnerable.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Gretchen, I’d look for a hospital in Manta. Portoviejo would probably be closer but it took the brunt of the earthquake. So Manta is probably your best choice. I am glad your building is as good as it is!!

Hi Gretchen, second the suggestion of Manta as the best option for now. Sounds like you are just north of Bahia? I’m planning a trip up the coast later this month, and will be going through Bahia. I’ll check on the progress while I’m there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.