Hotel/ B&B to stay in Quito

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Hotel/ B&B to stay in Quito

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LARRY ROSE
    Participant

Looking for a place to stay for our last two nights in Ecuador. Cannot tell where the old town area is on a map, but want a nice place to stay to end our 40th anniversary trip to Ecuador. Suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

HI Larry, Old Town is in northern Quito, it starts just after Parque el Ejido. The nicest place there (I would LOVE it if my husband too me there) is Casa Gangotena. It is, however, in the $450-$500 a night range. You might write to them and ask if they have any special “promotions” — always worth a try. Hotel Patio Andaluz is more mid range ($165 or so a night) and also very nice. The location is not as good as Casa Gangotena, but only block or two to get to the sites.

If you don’t mind taking a taxi to Old Town…or you can walk it during the day… another nice hotel is Mansion del Angel (same owners as the awesome Hotel La Mirage) in Cotacachi.(Mansion may be billed as being in Old Town but it is not in the heart of Old Town…you’ll need to take a taxi as I’ve said…only maybe $2.)

Both Casa Gangotena and Patio Andaluz have on-site restaurants with very good food. Mansion del Angel may serve room service (they did when I was there, but that’s been a couple of years now).

And of course, if you don’t want to stay in Old Town and/or don’t mind taking a taxi, you’ll find great options including the Hilton, Marriott, Swissotel, and a new NH Quito Royal. I’ve stayed at al but the latter and enjoyed every stay…

Enjoy your visit. I’d highly suggest you take a guided tour of Old Town. It’s really fabulous and it’s great to her about it from someone who knows it well. Your hotel can line that up for you, or reach out to Oswaldo Munoz: oswaldo@nuevomundoexpeditions.com.

Please be careful if you are out in Old Town at night — that’s a gorgeous time to be there with all the buildings lighted up but don’t let your guard down or get off the beaten track. Take a stroll down La Ronda Street and stop somewhere for a canelazo (hot cinnamon, slightly alcoholic drink).

LARRY ROSE
    Participant

Thank you Susan,
    I am confused though as both the Casa Gangotena and Patio Andaluz seem to be south of Parque el Ejido. While Swisshotel is to the north.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Yikes, my bad — you are right. Old Town is in South Quito. And of course I know that…I guess I was writing too fast for my brain to keep up. Apologies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.