hotels around Cuenca

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum hotels around Cuenca

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ANGELA SWOPE

Doing an exploratory visit in and around Quenca, what are recommended hotels and what would you anticipate the nightly rate to be? Thanks

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Check the itineraries posted in the Travel Section of Ecuador Insider. And check out this place for a transitional rental while you look for a longer-term place to stay: http://www.hotelotorongo.com

BRADLEY WILCOSH
    Participant

Suzan, would you recommend this hotel for a one-week visit to Cuenca or more for a month or longer stay? We will be looking earnestly at Cuenca as a potential city to relocate. In reading the guides (Owners Manual, Ecuador Insider, etc.) they generally suggest a three-day stay. My gut instinct is that at least a week would be required to get a feel for the city and surrounding areas. What are your thoughts on a reasonable length of stay to evaluate Cuenca?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Bradley, Orotongo is a rather spartan kind of place, I am told. So I’d recommend you take a look first before you commit to a monthlong stay. If you are seriously evaluating Cuenca, I suggest you stay as long as you can. You may fall in love with her in three days, but you can’t really get to know her that well… But remember, this is never a one-way trip. Especially if you don’t move all your belongings there. You can always move on if you decide Cuenca is not for you.

Bradley, if you’re here in Cuenca for a week I’d suggest you stay somewhere in El Centro to maximize your time. If you’re gonna be here a month subscribe to GringoTree (www.gringotree@cuencahighlife.com) and perhaps post a request for the type of housing you desire.

BRADLEY WILCOSH
    Participant

Ed & Suzan, thanks for the feedback. We will be staying in Cuenca for 8-10 days to try to get a feel for the area. We plan to view different areas on the outskirts of the city (6 dogs make this the best and perhaps only option) and try to identify potential areas/developments that would be of interest. We are open to building if we can find a drop-dead gorgeous lot, but wouldn’t rule out existing homes. Once we get our “boots on the ground” we will get a much better idea of what would be practical for us. If you have any suggestions or experience in areas outside of the city limits, we would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Also. do you have any thoughts on the Villa Nova Inn by the river?

Villa Nova has a very convenient location. Maybe check out Hotel Cuenca & Inca Real as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.