Housing in Panama City with 16 year old daughter

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Housing in Panama City with 16 year old daughter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yves Sautter

We are moving in July to Panama City from Shanghai with our 16 year old daughter who will be going to the International School of Panama. What would be a good choice of a friendly compound/gated community where she could find friends her age and socialize easily? What would be an approximate rent for a 3 bedroom house in such a community?
    Many thanks

Hello Yves and thanks for visiting the Panama Insider Forum.

I believe that school is close to the communities of Club de Golf and Brisas del Golf, but I wouldn’t want to live out there, I’d consider a more city-central area like San Framcisco/Coco del Mar or between there and the school is Costa del Este. Hope that helps, best of luck,

IL Panama Editor Jessica Ramesch

Yves Sautter

Hi Jessica,

Many thanks for your kind and prompt reply. The school is indeed in the Brisas del Golf area and we have not been impressed by the brand new cookie cutter communities we have seen around it. What is your opinion of Ancon Hill? We have been charmed by its established natural environment and views. Are there any other neighbourhoods with such beautiful natural environment you could advice?
    We will indeed look into San Francisco/Coco del Mar areas and thank you for providing this advice.

kind regards,

Yves and Julie

You’re welcome, thanks Yves and Julie. Ancon and the surrounding areas are great but you would be all the way across town (as far as possible from the school) and thus you would have to deal with a lot more traffic. Ancon is indeed one of the greenest areas but Costa del Este is very nice and much closer!

Best,

Jessica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.