How to find Rental property near swimming beach

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum How to find Rental property near swimming beach

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello to all,
    I am brand new to CR Insider and I am moving to Montezuma in September where I have a base to land but I don’t know the area nor the Nicoya Peninsula. I am looking for a small house for one person near a beach like Manuel Antonio with a protected bay and no surf where I can swim. Can anyone let me know how to find affordable long term rental property and where can I find a bay in the Nicoya Peninsula?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Sandra Gabaglia

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Sandra,

Congrats on the move. I was in Montezuma in January – really cool place. I do know the beach right in the heart of town is good swimming. I’m not familiar with the safety of the other beaches or rentals nearby. But I would suggest you try some local real estate folks to get their take. This is one agency I know that is active in town: http://www.tropisphere.com/area/montezuma/

You could also stay at a hotel or hostel for a week while you ask locals and local expats. You can often get better deals in better spots through word of mouth. A great place to meet expats in Montezuma is the Saturday morning farmers’ market in the center of town.

VRBO.com and airbnb.com are other options for usually short but sometimes also long term rentals.

DOROTHY H.
    Participant

Hi Sandra,
    I am a single woman looking for the same thing you are. I’m an American who’s been living in New Zealand for the past 8 years. My target departure date is April/June 2105.
    I’d like to get in touch with you. Would you be so kind as to share your email address with me? Mine is dorothyinnz@gmail.com
    Kind regards, dorothy

Thanks Jason, I will give it a try!
    Cheers,
    Sandra

Hi Dorothy, I just sent you an email and I will give you more info now that I have it!
    Cheers,
    Sandra

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.