How to pay property taxes online?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum How to pay property taxes online?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NATALIE D.
    Participant

Does anyone have the URL for paying Cuenca property taxes online? They’re due now, but I’m having trouble locating the right place. My browser is warning me against some links that use .gob instead of .gov, which does indeed seem fishy.

Thanks for any tips.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Well. .gob is the extension in a Spanish-speaking country. But sorry, I don’t know who to pay property taxes online. Maybe check with gringotree?

NATALIE D.
    Participant

I’m still stumped. The URL to which all sources point is http://www.cuenca.gov.ec, but I can’t find any links that allow me to pay the taxes. I’ve been able to get the apartment value by going to http://www.cuenca.gov.ec/?q=page_avaluos, and I know that I’m looking for “recaudaciĆ³n del predio,” but I just can’t find the payment page. Anybody?

I’ve never heard of anyone paying their property taxes online. The amount is so small, everybody I know just goes to the appropriate office and pays cash.

NATALIE D.
    Participant

Hi, Edd – But what if I’m out of the country? I was told I’d be able to pay online, and supposedly one can, but there don’t seem to be any links from the home page. Thanks for any ideas!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

If you can’t pay online, you have two options: have a friend go pay for you. Wait until the next time you are in Cuenca. You get a discount for paying now. But it won’t cost you much to wait. In my case, for example, I might pay $50 this month as opposed to $53 in March and $58 in any month the rest of the year…

NATALIE D.
    Participant

Well, for anyone following this post, it looks like you cannot pay taxes online, despite assurances to the contrary. I found someone on the ground to pay them for me, though that will cost more than the taxes themselves! Nonetheless, I’m grateful for the service.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Yes, we do the same on some property we own in Mexico. Taxes are $15 and we pay $50 to someone to pay them for us. You always pay for convenience, I suppose…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.