Humira

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Charles Monroe
    Participant

Here in the states I have to have an injection of Humira once every 14 days. It comes in a refrigerated styrofoam box right to my door. I’m pretty sure such service DOESN’T exist in Ecuador, but is it possible to go to a pharmacy and get Humira? Any info appreciated. Charlie Monroe

I just searched the website of a large chain pharmacy here in Ecuador (Fybeca) and I can’t find any results for Humira. I also searched its generic name of adalimumab and came up empty. You might want to check with your current physician and ask if there is another medication that would work for you and that is also available here in Ecuador. You can check the Fybeca website yourself to see if other specific medications are sold here – just be sure to check the generic name or any other brand names that it may go by.

I found that a company called Abbott Labaratorios del Ecuador was distributing Humira as late as 2014, but I could not find anything more recent. I’ve emailed the company and will let you know if they reply.

-jim

Mr. Monroe, I just received the following reply to your inquiry:

Dear Mr. Santos:

This is Martha Lazcano from Quifatex Ecuador, according to your e-mail, I would like to tell you that Quifatex is the authorized distributor of Abbvie products, and in our products portfolio we are commercialized Adalimumab, if you need this product, it will be a pleasure to serve you, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Martha Lazcano
    Jefe de Linea Hospitalaria
    Hospira – Abbvie
    Av. Galo Plaza Lasso 10640 y Manuel Zambrano. Quito – Ecuador
    Martha.Lazcano@quifatex.com
    Teléfono: (593-2) 396 1900 Ext. 2129
    Celular: (593) 998 234 186
    http://www.quifatex.com

Charles,

Just to update you, I just got another email from Abbott Labs saying you CAN purchase Humira in Fybeca stores ( a common pharmacy chain here). I’m waiting now to hear how much per dose.

-jim

Charles, here’s the info you requested, from the email:

Yes in Fybeca the Price for Humira is USD$1.319,70, it is the best price that you can find in any distribution point even our company, due to we cannot sell the product directly to the consumer.

It could be necessary that you ask for the product with 24 o 48 hours previously, due to they do not have the product in all of their drug stores, just in several, but if you ask for it, they can transport to the point that you need.

Best Regards,

Martha Lazcano
    Jefe de Linea Hospitalaria
    Hospira – Abbvie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.