I would like more information on Costa Rica citizens getting a pasport to the us

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum I would like more information on Costa Rica citizens getting a pasport to the us

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Chapin
    Participant

I have this friend who is a Costa Rica citizen and was never married but has little ones that are from a American born on Costa Rica soil. My question to you Jason is besides getting a passport to come on a vacation to the USA is there any other red tape or hoops they might have to jump through ? Any info you might have on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank You Chris

Christopher Chapin
    Participant

I forgot to add the kids do have us passports o

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for writing in. I don’t know too much about this issue. But I have had friends (Costa Ricans with U.S. citizen kids) in similar situations. To visit the U.S., they had to apply for a visa at the U.S. embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica. The U.S. has all sorts of requirements and regulations about getting visas, as well as different visa categories, so I would encourage your friend to contact the embassy. http://costarica.usembassy.gov

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.