Addendum to your June Panama Insider Missive

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Addendum to your June Panama Insider Missive

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jessica Ramesch

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all staying safe and doing well. As you know the current situation is basically all moving targets, and so it happens that after I submitted my latest update, which you would’ve just received hours ago, the government here announced that the Panama and Panama Oeste provinces would be going back to total lockdown as described to you previously, with most people allowed out for 2 hours at a time according to gender and ID or passport number. Essential workers and workers in industries that have been allowed to re-open are allowed out for longer so they can work. (So industries that were allowed to re-open in “block one” in mid May and “block two” in mid-June remain open.) We don’t have any information regarding how long this renewed lockdown will last. The Ministry of Health here says it was necessary because our numbers spiked and public hospital beds were approaching 100% occupancy. I’ll let you know as soon as I have more information. In the meantime, I’m mostly staying in and I’ve been enjoying cooking up some of my favorite local recipes. In case you missed it, here’s my video on how to make fried green plantains or patacones, a total comfort food and the first thing I learned to make here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QLFWEj0qEfFgSwLgug6RV47A2sIYGkmG/view?usp=sharing.

My best to you,

Jessica

IL Panama Editor Jessica Ramesch

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.