Importing Livestock to Ecuador (goats, horses)

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Importing Livestock to Ecuador (goats, horses)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I plan to move to Ecuador late summer or early fall. I just returned from 5 weeks of exploring Ecuador and decided that it is the country for me!

While there i asked several people about importing livestock (horse, goats, etc) and heard several horror stories even when a supposed “expert importer” was hired. I also heard several different prices quoted.

Does anyone know the Actual Rules for bringing in livestock?

I heard that quarantine for horses is 30 days in the US and another 40 days in Ecuador. Is it the same for goats?

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced, transporter?

I am pretty sure that taking my horse will be too expensive for me ($5000-$7000) but i Really want to take my goats if at all possible. But i  don’t want to get any unexpected surprises when they arrive in Ecuador…like a huge import fee (i know of a herd of goats that the airport officers decided to charge a fee per goat that was equal to their full value which the owner could not afford…someone else ended up paying the fee and became the new owner of the herd…and in the time this all took place the herd almost starved to death because the officers will not feed them).

Anyway, i am hoping someone has solid information or a really reputable transport agent that can help me navigate bringing in goats smoothly and affordably.

Many Thanks!

Soraya

Soraya, you need to contact an expert. Please email customs facilitator Sandy Baquero: Sandy_Baquero@hotmail.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.