income verification (when it\'s from IRA investments)

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum income verification (when it\'s from IRA investments)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MELANIE CLARK
    Participant

I understand that people on pensions and social security have a good source of income verification. What if the income is bi-yearly payouts from IRA?
    Also, how can a boyfriend (no regular income if we do move…until he starts working again) be a dependent? Does it matter?

Is the payout from your IRA exactly the same each time? If not I don’t think that will be acceptable. And I don’t believe your boyfriend can qualify as a dependent–I know couples who have lived together for years who had to get hitched in a civil ceremony before coming to Ecuador.

MELANIE CLARK
    Participant

Thanks Edd
    Then if we use the “9-II: Investor in Real Estate:” method to gain residence, and we buy a home “together” (but not married), and it’s value (I understand its not the paid price) is $50K or more, would that allow both of us to be residents???

If not, then would we need to do the “9-11: Investor in CD” and each separately put $25K in a CD (still not married)?

This is too important for you to go on my limited knowledge, and I’d recommend you speak with a local attorney who handles visa applications. My speculation is the cleanest way to gain residency is for you both to have a $25K CD.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.