Internet Service in Cotacachi

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Internet Service in Cotacachi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

This question is for anyone. However, since Suzan and I live in the same building, she might be better able to answer this.
    We currently have internet service from Multi Solutions at $60/mo. It is sometimes slow and especially in the evening it can be very slow. Streaming NFL games is impossible. I understand there is another service here called CNT. Someone said it is faster and less expensive, but with a high installation fee.
    If anyone has more detailed information on this service, I’d really appreciate the help.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

We use CNT and have no problems streaming TV at the lowest bandwidth. We pay $28 a month. And sorry but I don’t remember what the installation fee was – -so it must not have been too much. We also had Multi-soluciones and found that unsatisfactory.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Jerry, another thought: you may want the mid-level service from CNT (although we’ve not noticed much difference). And the streaming may depend on the source. Sometimes sites like USTVNow get bogged down and run really slowly, especially during sporting events when there seem to be a lot of people watching. We had some trouble watching World Cup games, for example… we could watch but when the action was fast the picture was very pixellated. And last year during the Super Bowl, USTVNow had horrible, unwatchable service. I ended up going to NFL.com and paid $9.99 for their stream which was beautiful.

GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

Thank you Suzan for the information. I’ll check it out.
    Jerry

I am on my third internet provider. I first had MultiSolutions and experienced the problems that you describe. I understand Christian has ungraded his equipment since last I used him, so who knows today. Then I went with SaiTel. They were the worst. Service would go down all the time and when I called them, they never answered and never returned my calls. I am now with NetService. I am having fewer problems and when I call locally for resolution of a problem, I get very quick service. They claim to be giving me “pure” megabytes instead of shared megabytes, but speed is still slow at times. However, I can watch games on the NFL network with minimum resolution and USTVNOW with occasional annoying interruptions.

In this area, there seems to be no really good service so brace yourself for some frustrations.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.