is NCAA basketball available on Dish or DirecTV?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum is NCAA basketball available on Dish or DirecTV?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MICHAEL MABEY
    Participant

I’ve been looking through the various topics on this site and can’t find an answer to my question: With Dish or DirecTV, are you able to get only local channels, or can you also get North American channels? Specifically, I’m interested to know if we would be able to watch NCAA basketball after we move to Cuenca. We’re HUGE fans of college basketball, and almost never miss a Gonzaga game (Go ZAGS!!). We would be more than willing to add the Sports Package if necessary.

I don’t even know if Dish TV is a choice here, but NCAA sports in general aren’t shown on DirecTV. Bowl games and March Madness level events are aired though. You can stream US channels through USTVNOW.com which could open up some options for you. Pro baseball, basketball, and football are on. And of course there’s soccer——-.

Yep, USTVNow and USFreeTV — just connect your computer to your TV and you are watching anything on US television.

Suzan, USTVNow and USFreeTV – are they software? Where does on purchase them- in Ecuador, or the US? And in what kind of store?

Just go to their websites and download. Basic USTVNow is free–ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX–with many others available for a monthly fee. I’ve never used USFreeTV so check it out too.

http://ustvnow.com/ and http://ufreetv.com/ — and you might try a google search on streaming NCAA sports — I am able to watch Nebraska (and all Big 10) football this way through an internet site. They offer a pay per game or a package purchase option.

GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you connect your computer to the TV so you can watch these on the TV instead of the little laptop screen?

You need a “dongle” — a cable that goes from your computer to the TV. Ask about it at your local computer store.

GERALD NADEAU
    Participant

Another stupid question
    Is “dongle” the Spanish name for it? What are on the ends?

No, dongle is what my husband calls it — it’s an adaptor. it has a plug on both ends… one end plugs into the video out port of your computer. The other end is a female HDMI plug. With an HDMI cable, you hook the adaptor to an HDMI input on your TV or monitor. Go to a computer store and they can help you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.