Is there anything like this in Quito?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Is there anything like this in Quito?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

A couple months ago I happened to run across the GringoTree, an “information service” of Cuenca High Life, available on this page: http://cuencahighlife.com/default.aspx. It is in essence a community bulletin board, with announcements of events, recommendations of people who provide a wide variety of services, occasional rental notices, items for sale, and much more. It is an amazing resource for anyone who lives in Cuenca. I have been trying to find a comparable service in Quito. Is there anything that is remotely similar to it there? The GringoTree is so useful that it might be the deciding factor on where I will ultimately live.

Hi William, there is nothing like that in Quito that I know of — a good idea for someone to start, though…. There is a tourist-type newspaper you can pick up in Mariscal, and I have signed up with various clubs and restaurants to get email blasts of special events. And Quito.com has news of upcoming cultural events.

William, there are plans to expand GringoTree beyond Cuenca but I don’t know the timetable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.