Know a good dentist in Quito ?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Know a good dentist in Quito ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ROBERT CRENSHAW
    Participant

I’m going to be in Quito July 2nd to July 31st. Need to get some work done on my teeth. Can anyone refer a good dentist who speaks English ? Also how about a good Spanish language school ? Thanks, Bob

Bob, I live in Cuenca and am not much help to you regarding Quito. Suzan Haskins is on vacation this week. Perhaps she can help you when she returns.

Hi Robert, I don’t have firsthand experience with any dentists in Quito although I have heard some good comments from other expats about Dr. Leonardo Montalvo and his wife in Quito at Axxis Hospital building.

Here’s what they say: Dr. Leonardo Montalvo and his wife Dra. Ma. Isabel Bravo Hernandez have trained in Brazil and New York University in the states. Dr. Leonardo offers complete dental services and specializes in implants. Dra. Isabel is an oral surgeon who’s specialty is root canals. Their offices are fully equipped, yes just like state side. Fully conversant in English as well as Spanish.

One expat said, “Dr. Leonardo had a nice gentle touch with me and my wife. From teeth cleaning, oral exams to implants and surgery. Pricing is a value. I highly recommend this pair of esteemed dentists.”

Dr. Montalvo himself writes that if you would like to call his office in Quito when you are in Quito, dial 3980147, From anywhere else in Ecuador, dial 023980147. His cell: 0988646915. E-mail: montalvodentalcare@hotmail.com.

As for language schools, I’ll suggest the Simon Bolivar school: http://www.simon-bolivar.com/quito.html

Suzan

ROBERT CRENSHAW
    Participant

If your in Quito and need dental work Dr. Montalvo and Dra. Hernandez are the ones to see. I must of had seven or eight visits that included two root canals, two implants, an extraction, four or five crowns amoung other things. I had a late appointment (5PM) on two occasions where we were finished about 7PM. Dr. Montalvo didn’t want me to take a cab at that time of night and drove me back to my apartment both times ! I thought he lived in that direction but I found out later that he lived in the opposite direction !!

Thank you, Robert, for this firsthand report. Very helpful!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.