Language tutorials

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Language tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

What recommendations do you have for language tutorials to get a head start on Spanish before relocating?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Mark, I’m a huge fan of Spanish teach Warren Hardy — I’ve taken several of his classes and they have worked very well for me. You can learn more about it here: http://secure.internationalliving.com/120SWHSEZ/E120NAA1

There are other programs out there, of course. I own Rosetta Stone and a lot of people like that, but I never took it out of the box. 🙁

JOHN RUSCICA
    Participant

Mark, I don’t know how much time you have before departing but if possible, sign-up for local adult education spanish classes in your town or classes at your local community college. Radio Lingua Network’s Coffee Break Spanish has very entertaining Spanish content. You can download all their audio lessons for free on iTunes but consider a membership. I also recommend Pimsleur. I puchased all four levels through Audible.com. Level One would be good for a beginner. News in Slow Spanish can also be downloaded on iTunes for free. I purchased a membership which is well worth the access to the transcripts and exercises. However, this program is directed more to people with a fairly good Spanish background. I have studied Spanish for the past five years including five college classes. one month in Montevideo, Uruguay and one month in Cuenca, Ecuador. News In Slow Spanish is right on target for me. It wouldn’t hurt to try their free downloads. I hope this helps.

ANGELA SWOPE

Mark, I agree with Suzan. I’m using Warren Hardy and really enjoy, it’s entertaining and educating all in the same. I’ve used Rosetta Stone and believe it more geared towards the younger crowd and is difficult at best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.