Laptop security?

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Laptop security?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JEAN CHARLTON
    Participant

Hi Susan,

I’m attending the Fast Track conference and staying an additional week to explore, taking a couple of day trips and the South Pacific Coast tour.  I want to bring my work laptop and am wondering if it will be a problem securing it at the hotel(s) [Marriott and Vieja Cuba so far] while at the conference and/or on day trips.  I’d prefer not to have to lug it around with me all the time!  What are your thoughts?  Thanks.  Jean

Jean,

I think you will find that a lot of the hotels have a safe in each room.  If in doubt, email the hotel and ask.  In the places that we have stayed, the safe is large enough to hold 2 laptops.

Kevin Chandler

The Marriott is one of the nicest hotels in Quito. I have stayed there AND at Cuba Vieja (also a GREAT place) and I would not worry about leaving my laptop at either place. They both have safes. I’m not sure they’re large enough for a laptop, but they are also very secure hotels. If you’re worried about it, ask the staff to put it in safekeeping for you. Personally, I wouldn’t worry about it, but I’d tuck it out of site in my luggage when I was gone. (The cleaning staff will leave the room door open when they clean — they don’t want to be accused of pilfering anything and I would not be concerned that they would.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.