Length of stay

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Length of stay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

Hi experts,

We will be buying airline tickets shortly as we are now ready to move to Ecuador. I asked my agent there these questions but the answer was rather confusing. We will be applying for residency immediately and have our paperwork in order.

1. Are you even allowed to enter the country with a one-way ticket? Or an open-ended return ticket?

2. If a return ticket is required, how long in the future can it be, since we are not residents yet?

3. I understand that a visa is automatically 3 months and can then be extended for another 3 months. Is this true enough that I can purchase the tickets with a 6-month return?

4. And will our previous stay of 6 weeks last Nov. 3 to Dec. 15 affect this 6-month time-table?

How did you-all handle this dilemma? We actually had no plans to return to the U.S. anytime in the next few years so….

Thank you so much! There’s enough stress with the move without worrying about this.

Hey, Gretchen.These are legal issues that we are not qualified to answer. Your questions underscore IL’s advice to always retain professional assistance when applying for visas, as rules and procedures often change. It is the responsibility of your agent (by this I assume you mean a lawyer or facilitator) to not only file your paperwork but also to clearly address all questions that can affect the status of your residency.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.