local bank accounts -residency

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum local bank accounts -residency

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jason,

I have not been able to find a lot of information on establishing local bank accounts – which banks, how to, regulations, etc. I am looking twords establishing future residency (don’t have $60.000 to drop into a bank account all at once and do not have a retirement account). Any info would be great.

Also, I would like some specific information on finding rental locations that are mostly gated and expat. (I travel a lot and will be away from the place for 1-2 months at a time).

Thanks,

Tony P.

MIKE KAPLAN
    JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Charles,

That post Mike links to is a great place to start your research on banking in Costa Rica. A lot of info on requirements to open an account and a rundown of the different banks available.

As far as rentals in gated communities with mostly expats, you’ll find plenty of those in Costa Rica. Start your search in the Central Valley (especially San Jose suburbs like Escazu and Santa Ana, as well as towns like Ciudad Colon and Atenas). You should also look at the Central Pacific coast towns of Jaco and Playa Herradura. Finally, north Pacific towns like Playas del Coco, Playa Flamingo, and Tamarindo. You’ll find a variety of homes, condos, and town houses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.