Long term secure parking near SJO?

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Long term secure parking near SJO?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SEAN DERRY

All,
    Does anyone know of a secure monthly parking garage near the airport in San Jose? I want to buy a vehicle prior to our moving down and would need a place to store it for a few months.

Thanks

Sean

Hi Sean,

I don’t know of any (affordable) long term parking facility anywhere– long term at the airport is $15 a day. But like many things here you can get creative. Perhaps the person/dealer you are buying it from will store it for a small fee. Or, if you know someone in the area (or can network to find someone) who is willing to keep it, that might work. Or, just wait until you arrive to purchase… unless, of course you found the perfect car already.

I will ask around for additional solutions and let you know if I find any.

Best of luck,
    Greg

William Hearn
    Participant

We live in Costa Rica, and when we fly out of San Jose, we contact Tiziana Sambucci ( t_sambucci@hotmail.com ). She works for Pay Less Car rental near the airport, and she has relatives who will store our car for $2 per day on their private property. She is very helpful, and she also arranges for servicing our car, if necessary, while we are away. We email her with our return flight information, and she arranges for us to be picked up and taken to our car from the airport.
    It is our best solution for storage of our car while we are away from Costa Rica. If you contact her, she may be able to help.

I hope this helps.

Lee Hearn
    Nuevo Arenal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.