Looking at a week trip to Cuenca

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Looking at a week trip to Cuenca

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MICHAEL MOORE
    Participant

I am looking a my first exploratory trip to check out Cuenca. I see that in August 3, 4, 5 and 6, 2014 http://www.cuencarealestate.com/ is putting on tour package and would like to know what the group thinks of it or just come down & chat with the expats. I have not yet gone to one of the IL seminars and am looking/reading a lot on both Cuenca, Ecuador, plus Boquete, Panama, (plus their outlying areas) but am leaning towards Cuenca at this point.
    Thanks to all who advise.
    Mike

Mike, some people enjoy group tours and others like doing things on their own. Which describes you? The package you’re considering looks quite comprehensive. You can save some money by paying a real estate person and a bilingual facilitator “by the hour” to show you exactly what you are interested in seeing, then be off on your own the rest of the time chatting with expats you meet.

MICHAEL MOORE
    Participant

Very Valid point Edd! I have been reading a lot in IL including 3 insider blogs for countries of interest. I have also been looking at 3-4 real estate sites for them so I have an idea of costs, but still a bit lost on what would be good areas for another expat. I appreciate the time you gave me out of your busy schedule. Hopefully I will have the pleasure of meeting you one of these days, and I will continue reading the blogs.
    Thank you,
    Mike

Quick heads up, Mike, to help you in Cuenca. The most desirable neighborhoods for expats are Ordonez Lasso, Primero de Mayo, Puertas del Sol, and Remigio Tamariz. My own area, Paucarbamba, is also terrific but there’s little available housing here (although several buildings are under construction if your time frame allows completion).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.