Looking for a rental

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Looking for a rental

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DUVA CLYBURN

I am looking for a 2 bedroom condo, home on/near the beach in Central Costa Rica. I want to come around the middle of Dec until the middle of January.

MICHEAL LEVINE
    Participant

Try this web site:

These are rentals posted by the owners of the properties. At least you will get an idea of the availability and price range.

Or you can contact Hannah Fletcher (Hannah@remax-ocr.com) — she is a real estate agent living in Jaco.

MICHEAL LEVINE
    Participant

Arrrgh! the built-in buttons don’t work for me. Try again:

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/central-america/costa-rica/puntarenas/jaco

We attended the Las Vegas conference of International Living and now are planning on revisiting Costa Rica for the entire month of December, and would like to meet some other expats who might be willing to share their experiences with us. If you know any meetings or set gathering spots, please share them with us. We plan on making the apartment our base, and taking several extended trips of several days to distant parts of Costa Rica, to have a feel for the entire country.

We are going to stay in the Central Valley area and need an Apartment with 0ne bedroom, Internet and a small kitchen to make our base for the month. We like the temperatures in the Grecia area, but also found a Spanish school we liked in the Escazu area. We will rent a car for the month, and we are open to driving to whee ever we need to go, so any Apartments for rent available in the Central Valley are appreciated.

We have visited Costa Rica many times, but as a Tourist, so this trip is to get a feel for what it is like to liv and shop in Costa Rica and where are the idea temperatures for us to start our retirement. We plan to rent for the first year, and are gong to put most of our personal effects in Storage here in the US until we know exactly where we want to reside.

Appreciate any communications from anyone with experience that can assist us.

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi William,

I would recommend looking for apartments on american-european.net and Craigslist. You should be able to find something for rent – maybe even a small house – at a reasonable price in Escazu, Grecia, or elsewhere in the Central Valley.

DENNIS DONNELLY
    Participant

Does this also include long term rentals such as a 6 month lease?

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Yes, there are long term rentals on this and most other real estate sites around the country. Avoid vacation rental sites like VRBO.com when looking for a long term place, in most cases. Although sometimes a vacation rental owner will sometimes accept a long term tenant – so it doesn’t hurt to ask if you see a property you really like.

I am planning on going to Costa Rica in late December, early January. I was wondering if anyone knows of a hostel/pencion
    that takes guests in the Central Valley. I would like to stay at one of these types of places while looking for a permanent place. One that welcomes guests for a few weeks to a couple of months.

Thanks for your help.

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Dominic,

You have a few options as far as types of accommodations in the Central Valley.

A few small hotels/B&Bs:

http://bandbgrecia.com (in downtown Grecia)

http://www.mangovalley.com (in the hills above Grecia)

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/costa-rica-alajuela-bbvistaatenas.html (Atenas)

You might also try Airbnb.com, which allows you to rent a room in somebody’s home.

A vacation rental on VRBO.com might also be a good to option for a several month long stay.

Finally, you might consider contacting some of the local real estate companies about a long term rental. You could get a lease for three months possibly. This one is a good place to start: american-european.net and godutchrealty.com

You can also find rentals on craigslist Costa Rica and by typing “long term rentals”+ the name of the town you’re interested in.

Hi. My wife and I are looking for a 2 bedroom home with AC, secure, and proximity to a local town and an expat community. Along the Pacific coast. We are in Costa Rica right now and would like to remain here to March 2014. We are “open” to opinions and options.

Thank you.

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Which part of the Pacific coast are you interested in? The northern, central, and southern sections are quite different. And they’re served by different real estate/rental folks. Let me know what areas you’re interested in and I can point you to some good resources for finding a place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.