Low Sugar Diet

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Low Sugar Diet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My doctor tells me I need to eat brown rice and whole wheat bread, only one piece of fruit a day, no fruit juice and no sweets. How difficult and/or expensive would it be to accomplish such a diet in Ecuador? I saw that brown rice is available at $1.25/lb, while I only pay $.80/lb here. I am looking at the smaller valley places and need to know if I will need to travel to the larger cities periodically to stock up on the food required, if available.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I’ll have to call on some of our Insiders out there to help answer this one, Don. I’d guess you can get brown rice anywhere but I’ve not really looked for it. I’ll say this: you’ll definitely find delicious fresh fruits and veggies everywhere in Ecuador. And I’m sure the additional 45 cents you pay per pound for brown rice will be far offset in other ways. I suggest that when you visit Ecuador to check it out and see if it’s right for you, you ought to bring a list of the items you need to be comfortable. Only you will know what you can live with or without…

Hola
    FYI
    For what it’s worth
    Go Paleo way of life and it will take care of all of your low glicemic/ low sugar/free gluten health requirements……for just about the rest of your life.
    And it doesn’t have to be hard to follow.
    Ecuador is the perfect place to start. local fresh fruits and veggies – no antibiotic cattle raising farms- plenty of fresh fish and seafood, right from the fisherman.
    No middleman
    No processing……….unless you shop in mega grocery store.
    We are sold on Paleo……..are from Canada……and can’t wait to retire on Ecuadot……..hopefully next year
    Sylvie

Thank you, Sylvie. I was most concerned about the brown rice, for my wife is from the Philippines, and for her a day without rice is like a day without sun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.