Mail

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Mail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    STEVE GROGAN

What is the best way to receive packages from the US? I have been told that it is through Mailboxes etc, but we seem to be able to find little or no info in regards to that service.

Dear Steve,

Thanks for posting on the forum. I sent the below to you via email on July 25 and am including here in case other forum readers are interested in reading:

Nearly every expat in Panama opts for private mail services in Panama. The Panamanian national mail system is unreliable, whereas local couriers provide fast, reliable service, often via P.O. boxes held in Miami. Companies offering these services in Panama include Airbox Express/Aerocasillas (website: http://www.airbox.com.pa) and Mailboxes, Etc. (website: http://www.centam-mbe.com). These companies make it very easy to receive mail and shipments, so you don’t have to go through “Amazon withdrawal.”

And remember: Unless you’re severing all ties with home, you’ll probably want to maintain a permanent address/postal address back home. You can use it to maintain the benefits of your home residence in some cases, as well as for sending, receiving, or forwarding mail.

Hopefully others will post as well.

Regards,

Hi Steve- I live in David and have been using Airbox Express for 5 years. Using one of these mail forwarding services in the fastest, easiest way to get packages from the US. I have no complaints with Airbox service, but their fees can be high, so it pays to shop around.

Panama does not have residential mail delivery, so I also have a post office box at the David Post Office. It’s useful for local mail and as a local address.

Good luck with your move, Linda

P.S. I have used Mailboxes, Etc a few times, one of the things I like about them is that you can become an “occasional client” and not sign any contracts. I pay about $7 per kilo, I think, for each item delivered.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.