Mail

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GRETCHEN SOLDAT
    Participant

Hi experts,

I tried to use the “search” to see former posts on this subject but didn’t get anywhere with that, so I need to refresh my memory on this subject.

I talked to my supplement company to see what it costs to ship to EC, say, a box of a few supplements. They could not tell me without an actual address, and oddly, our place there on the coast has no actual address. Just “KM 11 on the Coastal Highway”, or some such. No one gets mail. It cost $5.25 to mail a birthday card from EC to the U.S., incidentally. I heard if you had a post office box, you could get a package. I also heard everything is shipped through DHL and even a flat envelope costs $60!It must be picked up at their office.

Do any of you get anything shipped from the States, like vitamins, etc? Can anyone give me an example of what that might cost, roughly? I know most of you go back and forth from the States to visit relatives, and can get a supply then, but we don’t plan to go back and forth once we retire there. This is confusing to me as world-wide shipping is more common than ever, and I remember in decades past, sending packages and letters all over the world. Obviously, something has changed!

Appreciate any input on this murky subject.

Gretchen Soldat

Hey, Gretchen. Wish I could help but we’re those people you referred to who go back and forth often enough to bring back everything we need. We’ve found mail service here to be so unreliable and expensive that we’ve given up even trying. Hopefully someone else will chime in with better news.

I don’t order things through the mail either, but I do know several expat who do. It is definitely easier to get packages if you have a PO Box, but I know sometimes the mail service will make an effort to deliver it to you based on a very vague physical address. I believe that iherb.com is a popular choice for folks here who want to order supplements and I’ve heard good things about their packages arriving in a reasonable amount of time. I’m sorry, but I don’t know how much shipping costs, though I would think that their customer service could give you an idea.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.