Manta plans

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Manta plans

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

Some thoughts would be appreciated. As an avid golfer I find few golf courses in Ecuador. However, there is a new development called Montecristi which is about 7 miles from Manta.

The location seems good because living at Montecristi leaves you only seven miles from Manta and the nearby beaches. Manta is big enough to have the amenities I am use to such as malls, large supermarkets, theaters etc. Yet, being about seven miles away also provides the quiet and lack of hustle which is also nice.

In addition, Manta has an airport from which it is easy to fly in and out of to places like Quito and Guayaquil from which you can reach so many ohter areas. I have already spent time in Salinas and Vi9lcabamba and from Manta I can easily get to Cuenca and reach Cotacachi and Otavalo which I would like to do.

Any thoughts on this location?

Hi Lawrence,

It seems to me that you’ve put a great deal of thought into the benefits of this location already and I really don’t have much to add. I haven’t visited Montecristi (the golf course) myself so I can’t give you firsthand info on it, but it does seem like a good location in terms of being near amenities.

If you visit please update us and let us know your thoughts.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Lawrence, I visited Montecristi in its early stages. It looked very attractive to me for all the reasons you mention. I think it would be a great choice for a golfer. There is also another golf course community just outside of Guayaquil that is really gorgeous, too. I believe it’s called La Costa and it’s about 45 minutes from the beach community known as Playas and 90 minutes from Salinas. But for pure convenience, Montectristi and Manta is probably a better choice.

BOB C.
    Participant

Hi Lawrence,

Have you looked into Las Olas, which is located up by Bahia de Caraquez? It’s a lot further away from Manta, but appears (online, at least), to be an interesting golf course community in development. I’m headed there in February to check it out. If you, or anyone else has seen this, would love some input or reactions.

Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.