Medical supply donations

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Medical supply donations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JOHN BUCHANAN
    Participant

We are coming to Ecuador for a month around attending the IL conference, and want to bring a suitcase of new, sterile, medical supplies to donate to a local clinica in either Guayaquil (where we fly in) or Salinas, our first stop. My partner is a nurse at a large local hospital that regularly sends Doctors and nurses on missions to other countries and our donation box is filling up. We also are hoping to bring some sports equipaje, like balls, cleats and shirts from a local manufacturer for maybe a school or orphanage. Can anyone tell us where to take the stuff or who to contact in either city? Is customs going to have a problem with this? This is not medicine we are bringing, more like bandages, gloves, small, durable medical devices that any clinic would love to have.
    Thanks!
    John

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

There will be a donation bin at the conference if you’d like to bring it there. I don’t think customs should have a problem, but I can’t say for sure. If you want, you can email customs facilitator, Sandra Baquero: Sandy_Baquero@hotmail.com and ask. She’ll also be at the conference. If you’re going to Guayaquil/Salinas first and want to offload the stuff there, email my friend Leigh Frost who lives in Olon. She can make a recommendation for you. Leigh Frost: leigh@ecuafriendly.com.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.