Medical Tourism Sources in Panama

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Medical Tourism Sources in Panama

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    THOMAS TALLEUR
    Participant

All:

I’m looking for recommendations for medical tourism sources in Panama. I need to find a bariatric surgery source for a child who doesn’t have health insurance.

Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks, tom

Hello Tom,

I have had excellent experiences with the quality of healthcare here (this is what you’ll hear from most any expat here in Panama, the general consensus is surprisingly good). Naturally I have not had that specific type of surgery so I cannot give you a personal recommendation. However, the best-known hospital in Panama is the Hospital Punta Pacifica, and you will find part of the website is dedicated to bariatrics. It is the only hospital in Latin America that is affiliated with Johns Hopkins International and I believe (you can inquire if you contact the hospital admin) its JCI affiliation is kept up-to-date. It is also known as the most technologically advanced hospital in Latin America. It’s not the least expensive hospital in Panama; it is possible that other hospitals or clinics here offer similar services as Punta Pacifica at lower prices. The city’s major hospitals include the above, as well as Paitilla Hospital, Hospital Nacional, and Hospital San Fernando. Also, it is possible some of the smaller facilities offer this type of procedure. I hope this helps as you begin your research.

If anyone on the Forum has had surgery in Panama I hope they will chime in, too.

Best regards,

Jessica

THOMAS TALLEUR
    Participant

Jessica:

Many thanks for your comments. Best, tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.