Meeting expats while in Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Meeting expats while in Ecuador

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JERRY ANDERSON
    Participant

My wife and I will be visiting Cuenca, Cotacachi, Loja and Salinas areas during our (second) exploratory trip in August. We would like to meet expat residents of these areas to learn more about them before making a decision on where we would like to live. If you would be willing to meet, we would be happy to buy lunch or dinner in thanks for your help. In addition to the forum, you are welcome to contact me directly via e-mail at janderson@biomedconsulting.com

Would be happy to hook up with you in Cuenca, Jerry, but we’ll be in the States during all of August visiting family.

I’ll be out of town at the beginning of August, but will be back in Cotacachi later in the month. I’d be happy to meet with you and your wife if our schedules line up. Otherwise you’re sure to meet up with other expats if you visit any of the restaurants frequented by expats. Solid Rock Cafe is a popular breakfast spot while Serendipity and Trebol get good lunch and dinner crowds. The Bar (yes that’s the name) is a good place to catch a sports game or have a drink and you’ll find plenty of expats there as well.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I’ll be in Cotacachi off and on during August and happy to meet with you if I am here while you are. Wendy has given you some good input for places to meet other expats in town — I’m sure Edd can do the same for Cuenca.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

By the way, you won’t find many expats in Loja. In Salinas, go to Smokin’ BBQ on the male con: Ave Malecon S/N y 24 de Mayo
    Salinas, Ecuador (04) 277-2842 — say hi to former Texans Gary and Kathryn and enjoy a GREAT meal.

Hello my wife and I are looking at Equador as a-semi retirement location. We are social and we believe we will want to have other expats to socialize with. Are there many expats in Playas ? We are Canadians living in US.
    With Thanks
    Gary

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I assume you are referring to the little beach town known as Playas? I don’t know many expats there… only one or two couples who live there part-time. One is Mike Sager. You might write to him and ask him about other expats in that particular location. His email address is redwulf3@juno.com.

JERRY ANDERSON
    Participant

Thanks for the responses. We’ll check out the suggested places for contacts and also try to contact those who will be available.

Thank you,

Jerry A.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.