Need furnished 2-3 bedroom rental in Escazu April May and June 2014

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Need furnished 2-3 bedroom rental in Escazu April May and June 2014

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JANE KENDALL

I am coming to Costa Rica for the first time in April, May, and June 2014.
    I am looking for a well-appointed furnished 2-3 bedroom condo or home in the Escazu area, within walking distance of downtown Escazu – or within walking distance of public transportation to Escazu.
    If anyone has such a property available, or the name of a person or reliable realtor that I could contact, I would so appreciate it.

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Jane,

Great to hear about your visit.

Escazu is a nice area. To get your oriented geographically, Escazu is actually split between three towns:

-San Rafael de Escazu is the closest to the highway, lowest in elevation, and closest to CIMA Hospital, the Multiplaza Mall, and other shopping and services. This is what most people think of when they think of Escazu.

-San Miguel de Escazu (better known as Escazu Centro) is the most historic and has a traditional Tico town center with park, church, shops, and farmers’ market on Saturday. It’s up the hill from San Rafael but within a quick cab or bus or medium walk.

-San Antonio de Escazu is way up on the hillside, offering great views of San Jose. More of a “country” area but still a 10 minute bus ride from San Rafael and its services.

Escazu is crisscrossed with bus routes that will get you just about anywhere quickly and easily. Cabs are also readily available.

Real estate in Escazu is some of the most expensive in the country because it’s where the upper class Ticos live and there are many luxury developments and condos catering to that market. But there are still deals to be had.

Try these real estate sites and be sure to call them as well for further listings:

godutchrealty.com
    American-european.net

And believe it or not Craigslist is good too: http://costarica.en.craigslist.org (this is where I found my last house, which was in Escazu Centro)

Jason

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.