Networking…even if you're not in Panama (yet)

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Networking…even if you're not in Panama (yet)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

If you’re not physically in Panama, there many online tools you can use to get a head start on networking. You obviously already know about the Panama Insider forum and the International Living Panama Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/internationallivingpanama (don’t forget to check out the facebook photo albums, where you can see flyers that represent the many activities Panama has to offer). And for business networking, real estate information, and online special interest groups, I have found LinkedIn to be invaluable.

Outside of Panama City networking can be more informal, but it’s just as easy to do. Your Panama Insider website is peppered with mentions of expat bloggers and hangouts that you should hit if you’re new in town. For example, if you’re in Las Tablas, one of your first stops should be expat-run Ponchalo’s K. The restaurant/sports bar is the place to meet the area’s few expats, along with outgoing locals.

When I was there last, I was by myself. I chatted with the owner Jim, then the folks at the table next to me leaned over and drew me into their conversation. Next thing I knew, they were inviting me to join them. They introduced me to others and the domino effect continued throughout my stay. Simple as that.

Of course, if you have any questions or want more ideas on networking in a particular place, don’t hesitate to post here, on your Panama Insider forum!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.