New Airport in Quito

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum New Airport in Quito

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BILL MATTOX

My wife & I are coming to Ecuador for the Conference in Feb. We are seeing some of the country and returning to Quito late on the 20th and leaving for the states on the morning of the 21st. We just found out about the new airport and the difficulties in getting to and from the city and wonder if there is a hotel at the new airport as we don’t want to spend the night at the airport. We are having a hard time finding out about anything at or near the airport from either Lan Airlines or American Airlines.

That new airport has been “scheduled” to open for many months. The latest target date is in February but don’t count on it. It seems the airport itself is ready but the connecting roads aren’t. Beyond not having completed the roads, I’m not aware of any infrastructure regarding accommodations, restaurants, or other amenities you might expect to be there when opening finally occurs.

WILLIAM HOYE

Bill, my husband and I are also attending the conference. We arrive late on the 4th. We will also be leaving on the 21st and would like a hotel near the “old” airport for the night of the 20th for a 7:30 am flight. We should compare itineraries.

Ed, Any suggestions for lodging near the airport?
    Thanks,
    Pat & Bill Hoye

We’ve been told the accommodations quite near the airport aren’t the best and have never stayed there. We normally find lodging in the Mariscal area or downtown because both areas are safe with lots of dining options. There are tons of options in all price ranges.

BILL MATTOX

Bill send me an email at teammattox@gmail.com and we can compare our schedules. We are also scheduled out at 7:30 on the 21st. Perhaps we will be on the same flight.

Not knowing if the new airport will open on schedule or not will make it difficult for you to make lodging plans very far in advance. I suggest you wait until you arrive in Quito and see what the schedule is for the opening of the airport. I don’t know yet of any hotels near the new airport, but we’ll see what we can find out. Happy New Year — you will LOVE Ecuador!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.