NEW AIRPORT IN QUITO

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum NEW AIRPORT IN QUITO

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I haven’t been back to Ecuador since the new airport opened. What’s the best way into Quito and do the domestic flights go out of the new airport or the old one? Thanks for the info.

The easiest and quickest way is by taxi. There are also shuttle vans and buses if you’re not in a hurry. The old airport is closed and being converted to a park.

Thanks Edd

When we travelled (we did the round trip twice) it was $25 to or from the airport into Quito. (Going to the airport you have to negotiated a little with the taxi driver, but coming in from the airport the fee seems to be flat.)

ROBERT CRENSHAW
    Participant

I’ll be flying into the new airport July 2nd. I’ve been told that the taxi fare would be $35 dollars to the city. Is this about right ? Thanks, Bob

Danica (post above) got fares for $25.

ROBERT CRENSHAW
    Participant

I’m having someone pick me up at the airport for $24. She wanted $30 but I offered $24 and it was a “done deal” !

I think it depends where in Quito you are going…. but $25 to $35 should get you just about anywhere. And there are taxi kiosks at the airport which charge the going rate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.