New International Airport in The Southern Region

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum New International Airport in The Southern Region

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DARRYL CROW
    Participant

Jason,

When I started looking into buying property in Costa Rica, I heard about the building of a new International Airport in the Southern Region. I have been trying to find out any updates on the building of the Airport. Last I heard was that the airport was fully funded, but that some changes had to be made to preserve some of the National Natural Forest. And I have not been able to find out any other information. Do you have any information or updates on this topic?

Thanks,
    Darryl

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Darryl,

When it comes to major projects like this in Costa Rica, you just never know what’s going to happen or when.

There has been talk about an international airport in the Southern Zone for many years. They have the site and have done some preliminary studies. Construction has definitely not started and there is no start date set. They have run into issues because of environmental impact – the area has several national parks and is home to many threatened species. Also, I don’t believe it is fully funded yet.

We’ll see what happens. And if anything changes I’ll be sure to post the news.

DARRYL CROW
    Participant

Thanks, Jason!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.